How to Adjust Sync Direction
Under normal circumstances, SyncGene synchronizes data in both directions, however, one-way synchronization options are available as well.
When it comes to synchronizing data between two sources, users themselves have the ability to make adjustments to direction settings. There are several options available:
- 2-way sync - data with full details is synced between the two sources bi-directionally.
- 1-way sync - data will full details is synced in one direction only.
- 1-way free/busy sync - applies to Calendar type only and syncs free/busy information in one direction only.
How to adjust direction settings in SyncGene?
Step 1. Visit SyncGene page and login to your SyncGene account.
Step 2. In the main window, click the MANAGE button located middle of the page.
Step 3. In the Manage sources window click the DIRECTION option in the middle of the page.
Step 4. In the Direction page, you will see your two sources on each side and direction options in the middle for all 3 types of items: calendars, contacts, and tasks.
By default Two-way sync is set for each type of item, you can click the drop-down menu of each item type and adjust its direction. Once you picked an option you want, a blue arrow on the left side will indicate the direction in which data will travel.
Note: the direction of a particular item type applies to the entire source, not just a specific folder. For example, if you have multiple calendars added to sync between 2 sources, adjusting direction will have an effect on all the calendars, not just specific ones.
Step 5. Once direction options are set, click the SAVE button and run a sync.
How to adjust sync direction of more than two sources?
If a user has 3 or more sources added to SyncGene, adjusting direction is no longer possible from the user's side, it can only be done from our side.
In such cases, you need to visit our Live Chat for assistance in adjusting sync directions for your sources.
- Direction settings apply to all the folders of the selected type, not just specific folders.
- Not all direction scenarios are possible when it comes to synchronizing more than two sources.